Due Friday, Dec. 2 by Noon. Worth 10 points toward final project grade
Post an update to your Project Pitch and Data Plan post at https://rudatajstudent.wordpress.com/
At the bottom of your post write:
Then post the following:
- Post a link to a spreadsheet you are using to analyze your data.
- Summarize some of your key findings that will be the crux of your story. Either a paragraph or a few bullet points is fine.
- Provide a rough-draft or sketch of a graphic or chart you plan to use for your story.
For example, I’m looking for something like this:
- Here is the spreadsheet I am working with to analyze all the five-star high school football players from 2002 to 2009.
2. Some key findings:
- Between 2002 and 2009, 236 high school football players earned the five-star classification. Of those players with five-star ratings, 56% of them made it to the NFL. Going deeper into the data, out of the 132 players who played a snap in the NFL, 24 of them have been selected to a Pro Bowl (18%).
- A study by SBNation found that in the 2014 NFL draft, 55% of the picks in the first two rounds were five and four-star players. The study determined that a five-star has a three-in-five chance of getting drafted.
- Out of 23 starting quarterbacks in the NFL, 14 of them received either a three or two-star (61%). Only 3 were five-star players.
3. Here is a graph I’m thinking about making