Due Tues., Dec. 11 at end of class
Worth 25 points
Write as complete a version of your article as you can. And post as much of your visualizations as possible. Post it to rudatajstudent.wordpress.com
1. Written article (approx. 750-1,000 words) will consist of:
- Compelling, descriptive headline that uses key words
- An image that pulls reader into the story (If you don’t take it yourself it must be Creative Commons)
- Strong lead that starts with a real person and real events.
- Nutgraph that states story angle. What is your story?
- Cosmic graph – a sentence or two that puts your story in a larger context. Why should reader care?
- Methodology – A sentence or two that tells reader how you got your data.
- Organized story structure with key findings. Follow this structure for your article.
- Quotes from at least three (3) sources will something relevant and compelling to say
- Clean copy – no grammar or spelling errors
- A link to a spreadsheet of your data
2. Visualization(s) that convey your information and your story visually
Some possible formats include:
Example: You know enough to do of the graphs or charts on Flourish.
Example: You can put together a series of graphs and graphs into an infographic using Info.gram
Photos or Images