Worth 65 points
-Final story must be posted to rudatajstudent.wordpress.com by the start of the final exam period at 10:15am on Thursday, Dec. 20 (15 points off for late work).
-Revise your first draft based on my edits and suggestions.
-As part of your headline write FINAL ( ie FINAL – Why Ben Simmons is the Next Michael Jordan)
1. Written article (approx. 750-1,000 words) will consist of:
- Compelling, descriptive headline that uses key words
- An image that pulls reader into the story (If you don’t take it yourself it must be Creative Commons)
- Strong lead that starts with a real person and real events.
- Nutgraph that states story angle. What is your story?
- Cosmic graph – a sentence or two that puts your story in a larger context. Why should reader care?
- Methodology – A sentence or two that tells reader how you got your data.
- Organized story structure with key findings. Follow this structure for your article.
- Quotes from at least three (3) sources will something relevant and compelling to say
- Clean copy – no grammar or spelling errors
- A link to a spreadsheet of your data
2. Visualization(s) that convey your information and your story visually
Some possible formats include:
Example: You know enough to do of the graphs or charts on Flourish.
Example: You can put together a series of graphs and graphs into an infographic using Info.gram
Photos or Images